Thursday 4 February 2016

Millionaires in Finalnd

I love low-quality targeted advertising...its sort of like watching a bad Sci-Fi B-movie from the 1950s without the mental effort...take this for example


Well I'd certainly like to be rich, but to be honest there aren't too many millionaires here and certainly not many being made by watching some video - and no, I didn't click on the advert....maybe this is why I'm not a millionaire...or maybe I am, but I'm not telling you how*

Now it does get better:

Apart from the slightly suspicious encoding error, it should be an 'ö' and I guess the currency conversion is going to be a bit of pain, yes I too wonder how that housewife makes that sort of money...I wonder where she lives to be honest because at that rate I'm guessing she might be moving from Söderkulla to somewhere nice, such as the Cayman Islands.

A bit of a rough calculation for 1 year:

365 x $1420 - 5% currency exchange fees and 60% top rate of Finnish tax and your potential $550k becomes just under $200k, and most likely an entry in the yearly, public list of top tax payers. If she's not there then I think the above advert just gave a great tip-off to the Finnish Tax Authorities :-)

But it gets better!


Forget that $1420 per day, just use a crazy loophole and another "habit" (I wonder what?) and you could be making a fantastic $6679 PER DAY!!! That's nearly $2.5 million per year or a still respectable $1.4 million after tax, and maybe a visit from the tax authorities again.

Now the cynic in me might think that these are targeted adverts based on my IP address and are possibly not true, and that clicking on suck an advert is a great way to receive some nasty virus...which may or may not be similar to the nasty viruses one could get earning such money through some "habits" ....

Isn't the Internet wonderful...and to think we could have had a base on the Moon by now....

But, this isn't all, anyone interested in semantics will question that $ means...nowhere is it stated US Dollar...so in the best case $2.5 million dollars could mean 2.5 million Zimbabwean dollars, with a total worth of approx $6900 where $ = USD in this case....so our housewife from earlier might be earning as much as 3 Euros per day ... phew!

No comments: