Industry Session Call for Papers
IEEE ICSC 2012: The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Semantic ComputingSeptember 19th- 21st, 2012Palermo, Italy
Program Goals and Format:
The goals of the ICSC 2012 Industry Session are to foster exchanges between practitioners and the academics, to promote novel solutions to today's challenges in the area of Semantic Computing and applications, to provide practitioners in the field an early opportunity to evaluate leading-edge research, and to identify new issues and directions for future research and development efforts. Similar to regular papers, the papers in the industry session will undergo a review process and will appear in the conference proceedings. However, the selection criteria for industry papers are slightly different. In particular, papers should describe technologies, methodologies, applications, prototypes or experiences of clear industry relevance. A main goal of this session is to present research work that exposes the academic and research communities to challenges and issues important for the industry. Therefore, the papers in this session will be evaluated primarily by the novelty and applicability of the insights from its industrial solutions, instead of the originality of its algorithmic content.
Topics of Interest:
Topics of particular interest include but are not limited to those identified in the main conference call for papers, as well as those listed below:
1. Development of new semantic systems, architecture, and standards
2. Employment of semantic computing tools and interfaces
3. Employment of large scale semantic systems
4. Benchmarking and performance evaluation of semantic systems
5. Innovative solutions for performance optimization
6. Mobile semantic systems and services
7. Multimedia semantic content analysis and retrieval systems
8. Modeling issues and case studies of semantic computing
9. Game and entertainment applications
10. e-Business and other applications
11. Analysis of industry-specific trends and challenges
Demo Submission: May 04th, 2012
Notification: June 28th, 2012
Conference: September 19th-21st, 2012
Industrial Paper Submission:
Industrial papers should be submitted via the ICSC 2012 online paper submission system. Industry Session papers should be no longer than 8 pages with the same submission guidelines available on the ICSC 2012 web page. Only electronic submission will be accepted. All industrial papers will be peer-reviewed and published in the conference proceedings, which will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press. Submissions must not be published or submitted for another conference.
Industry Session Co-Chairs:
Alexander Loui, Kodak Research Labs, USA
Vito Morreale, Engineering SpA, Italy
Ian Oliver, Nokia, Finland
Evelyne Viegas, Microsoft Research, USA
1. Every paper accepted for publication in the Proceedings of ICSC 2012 MUST be presented during the conference.
2. Every paper accepted for ICSC 2012 MUST have attached to it at least one registration at the full member/nonmember rate. Thus, for a paper for which all authors are students, one student author will be required to register at the full registration rate.