- Breadcrumbs from, 6 or 7 (or more, or less) slices of Finnish dark, rye bread.
- 1 onion
- x cloves of garlic, 1 < x < n, where n is probably greater than 4 or 5 - let's say x = 3
- 2-4 mushrooms - brown
- horse chestnuts (See this recipe for preparing the chestnuts)
- herbs, eg: sage, parseley, whatever you fancy
- salt, pepper
- 1 egg
- Prepare some horse chestnuts, chop finely.
- Chop the onion roughly, same for the garlic and mushrooms
- Place everything (breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, herbs, chestnuts) into a bowl and mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the egg to bind, mix
Texture should be sticky so that you can make balls of stuffing. Too dry, add an egg or butter, too wet, add some more breadcrumbs.
Split the mixture in half and use one half in the goose/duck/turkey/chicken and the other place on a baking tray and roast with the meat - no idea exactly how long this takes to cook or the best point to put it in the oven; I guess everytime :-) You could try adding a little goose fat to the mixture as well....