- Firstly any detective posted to Midsomer is obviously at the peak of his career - you're never going to be bored and solving the crime is always going to be a challenge. Positions in the Midsomer police force must therefore be highly coveted.
- It is probably a good thing that Morse was never assigned to Midsomer...given the frequency that pubs play some role in the cases would imply that Morse would be succumb to severe alcohol poisoning after just a few cases.
- Jessica Fletcher could be one of the most prolific mass murderers ever...even surpassing Miss Marple...
Various people have calculated the murder rates for fictional TV towns and come up with the conclusion that...well...let's see:
- The average rate in England and Wales (2010) is approximately 9-10 murders per million.
- The rate in Midsomer is around 32 murders per million, approximately 3 times the UK average
- In rate in Cabot Cove, home of Jessica Fletcher is 1490 murders per million (approx 130 times the UK average and 38 times the US average)
Here are the current rates worldwide for comparison, and summarised in murders per million
Cabot Cove 1490